Random Me

1.23.2007

AEzine Challenge

I am going to take the Ali Edwards AEzine Challenge this week. Here challenge is:

"What are your essentials? If you had to get rid of everything and just keep a modest amount, what would be on your list? The challenge this week is easy: draft up a list of your essentials. What do you reach for time after time?"

Here are my essentials -

1. Canon Digital Rebel XT - first off you can't scrapbook without photos (well I guess you could but it wouldn't be as much fun); second this camera has probably been the best gift ever given to me. I truly love this camera - I was coveting it for an entire year and my wonderful husband presented it to me for christmas 2005. After a years use of this camera I could never go back to a point and shoot. I "heart" my rebel!

2. Tacky Tape - adhesive in general but especially tacky tape. This red stuff sticks everything to everything. It kind of reminds me of that commercial where the guy's construction helmet is being held to the beam way in the sky by a type of glue. I could imagine that tacky tape could do this too - this is the strongest adhesive imagineable and I couldn't scrap without it.

3. Tonic Trimmer - Love this trimmer. I went through many-a-trimmers before finally finding this one. Not only are the cuts super accurate but Tonic the company truly is fantastic. When I first purchased this trimmer I bought the 6inch one with the extendable arm (I have since upgraded to the full 12 inch base) and the trimmer was not cutting as expected - it was fraying the ends of the paper. So I called up the company and CSR told me to box it back up and bring it to the UPS store - he gave me their UPS # to use so I didn't have to pay for shipping and sent me a new one in return without even hesitating or asking any questions. Now that's what I call superior service.

4. Honey Bee Scissors - love these precision scissors. I especially love the ones with the tephlon blades - not only are these scissor sharp but they stay sharp and you can cut sticky things without getting your scissors all gunked up! These were truly a wise investment.

5. Matching Pattern Papers - I am not talented like ali and can just pick out various pattern papers and just match them up and they look great. I HAVE to purchase my papers all together in a set so they are already matched up. Silly, I know, but this is the only way that I can truly match up my pattern papers and know they look okay together. And of course, my love for pattern paper cannot be contained (hence the reason I have 100 paper trays in my scrapbook room filled with tons and tons of paper).

6. Bazzill Cardstock - Not only the best cardstock colors on the market but also some really great textures. I love the feeling and weight of their paper - it makes it super fun to work with!

Those are my essentials - anyone else willing to take this challenge????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home